Family is a Gift from God

Family is a Gift from God
Grandmother is nothing short of an Angel:-D

A look into my life:D

Carpenters For Christ '08

Sorority Pictures



Saturday, April 19, 2008

Greater Love

Greater Love
Alas,
Listen and look,
Here they are.
The soldiers of our land,
Home from places so far,
and now their families can,
Rejoice!
They are strong and determined,
standing eye to eye with death.
Our homes are protected, our rights secured,
Thanks to their devotion
Our boys become men, and
our hearts feel like breaking,
at each and every departure.
But they leave with honor and return,
Heros!
Soldiers, Soldiers,
Their lives are so important
but to them home and country are life.
And fighting is only natural.
What would life be without freedom?
That we don't want to know.
So thank you to those who fight,
and God Bless the families who,
unselfishly so,
watch their soldiers leave.
They will return and when they do,
love them, hug them, be proud and know,
Who THEY are, allows us to be what we want to be.
Army, Navy, Marines alike,
are heros in my book.
So be sure to thank them, pray for them,
and remember,
They lay down their lives,
in order for us, strangers,
to live free and safe.
Greater love hath no man than this.
-Lacie Smith

7 comments:

Noel said...

Lacie,
I love it!
You made me cry, but you summed up the service and sacrifice of all those who have served, are serving and will serve.
Thank you for your heart, and your respect and love for our great Nation. Just tonight I was thinking about our freedom and the great gift that it is to all of us. A gift that we forget,yet is something that needs not to be forgotten!

Love you girl,
Noel

Deborah said...

Silence...


It took much courage and incredible command of words to put your deep and personal insights and wisdom and love into a poem. With your permission, I'd like to send it to the Rome News.

I admire you and love you dearly.

Lacie said...

If you feel that it would be a good idea you have my permission to send it to who ever you would like! I love you and can't wait to be home!

Leah-Joy said...

Hey girl! That is AWESOME! Thank you for putting into words what is all of our hearts!

Jenny said...

Baby, this is so beautiful! Thank your for sharing :) I can't wait to have you home!! Love and Kisses
Mama

Britt said...

GIRL!!! that was fabulous!!!!! you definately revealed the importance of our military, and It is definately relatable! that is for sure one that needs to be shared as much as possible. I love u very much! :)

Jenny said...

Okay Darlin'...time to post something new...: )
Love
Mama

I love her!

I love her!
Already sisters:-D

Campfire!!

Campfire!!
Isn't he handsome? That's my Seth boy:-D